Sat 17 Nov
2118m - Souk el Tayeb is a weekly open air farmer’s market held every Saturday...
The fields marked with * are mandatory
Be there on May 29th for a car free day @ Hamra street
Ahla Fawda is proud to present for the third consecutive year, on Beirut’s Hamra Street, “EAT.PLAY.LAUGH” street fiesta happening Sunday 29 May 2016 from 10AM to 11PM.
“Eat.Play.Laugh” is for all ages and interests to celebrate and enjoy life.
We want to bring the people together to enjoy and reconnect with food, laughter, and live music and those who produce it, and to create a full-on street party atmosphere.
The event will feature all day entertainment on stage and off stage, introducing the concept of “street art” and “street perfromances” to the always alive Hamra street.
Eat.Play.Laugh will feature series of competitions, including a stand-up comedy competition where we have teamed up with three top Lebanese stars: George Khabbaz, Betty Tawtal and Talal al-Jurdi to discover new stand-up comedy talents to perform live at the event.
The whole of Hamra Street will be closed to traffic for an entire day to showcase the best of what Beirut has to offer, from the hottest street food vendors (and their trucks), independent restaurants, entertainment, music, bars, outdoor performing arts and activities for all the family, it’s a massive celebratory feast of this great City!
And all this for FREE!
You might find yourself wondering what else has AHLA FAWDA got this year to delight you with. Here's our list of the best quirky and unusual things that will take place Sunday May 29th, So do not miss it:
• Stage with live performances including celebrity acts and live comedy
• Live workshop stations for glass and craft making
• Food Market including international and organic options
• Flower market
• Book market
• Unmissable unique art displays
• Live artists/painters at work
• Graffiti art
• Street performers
• Modern and funky design exhibitors
• A unique shopping experience
• The whole of Hamra Street will be turned into a playground with immersive games, including dedicated games zone for both adults and kids, and pub games and prizes.
• Restaurants, cafés and bars throughout (Lebanese and international cuisine)
• THREE different themed Piazzas offering seating areas to eat and drink and be entertained including a BBQ area.
Ahla Fawda is a non-profit organization governed by volunteers who work towards community development, improving livelihoods and creating a beautiful vibrant and eco-friendly city. Funds raised from our events help us realize our mission, which is based on spreading joy, and on making Beirut, starting with Hamra Street, more vibrant, green and beautiful, in addition to transforming the outdoor spaces and making them more accessible for the communities, particularly, the physically challenged and wheelchair-bound.
Ahla Fawda Hamra Street Festival attracted 40,000 visitors in 2014 and over 60,000 visitors in 2015. So join us for a memorable experience of food, games and laughter, and get inspired!
Get updates on what's happening in Beirut, customise and review the content you want.
Sign up now! It's free!